Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My Facebook Resale Shop




I recently started a home-based business on Facebook. It all started when I read Yard Sale Mommy's blog post about consignment sales. I had never heard of a consignment sale but I knew I could find lots of items to sell out of my boys' closets. I also picked up some nice things from some recent yard sales. Next, I looked up the nearest consignment sale in my area through Consignment Mommies. I pressed, hung, and tagged all my items before hauling them to next town over for the sale. It was a small consignment sale and I didn't sell nearly as much as I had hoped. That's when I started thinking about other ways to sell my items. I found one other person in my small town selling children's stuff on Facebook and knew I could do the same. I set to work right away setting up a page on Facebook. I started the page at the end of August and since then have sold over 200 items! I now offer consignment services and have hand-crafted items for sale too. I'm excited to be shipping items as well. So if you're on Facebook check out my page and tell me what you think! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment