Monday, January 17, 2011

Attacking the Clutter



Before and After

It's Monday and that means another round of "Around the House" for me. This is the third week that I've played this game at my house and it has been paying off.

My game plan:

I've divided my house into 12 areas: Living room, Kitchen/Nook, Dining room/Entryway, Playroom, Braden's room, Jace's room, Laundry area, Computer room, Master bedroom, Master bathroom, Guest bathroom and Garage. I set my timer and spend 15 minutes in each of these areas decluttering/organizing. The timer really helps me not to get obsessive about one area and as FlyLady says "You can do anything for 15 minutes." I normally try to concentrate on one area at the top of every hour (9:00, 10:00, 11:00 etc.) and can usually double up during nap time if I get off schedule.

Doing this every Monday has helped my week get off to a good start. It's also helped attack any clutter that's accumulated during our weekend. As the weeks pass I'm sure I won't need the full 15 minutes in each area. I look forward to that day! That's my plan for getting rid of the clutter in my home. It's time to start my timer again so that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment