Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Eating from the stockpile


Simple lunch

Today's lunch was simple but what I liked about it most was that it came from my stockpile.

Yesterday I did some "shopping" in my freezer to prepare for this week. I pulled out the things that we had run out of in the fridge:

Bread- I bought it when it was buy 1 get 1 free. It defrosts in the fridge overnight. It tends to be a little stiff afterwards but after about 10 seconds in the microwave it's just right.

Ham- Bought for $1.50 after sale and coupons.

Turkey and Provolone Cheese- Purchased at Harris Teeter. Buy 2 Get 3 free.

The only item I purchased this week was the fresh spinach. (Publix $2) The Pepperidge Farm cracker chips, mayo, and pickles are all things I keep a stock of on my pantry shelf.



So...
Stock up on your weekly used items when they are on sale. If you do this, then everything you need for a simple lunch is always within arms reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment